Tenant FAQs

0141 218 4426

Tenant FAQs

We’ve captured the main questions we get asked by our tenants on a regular basis.  We hope these answer most of your questions, but if not, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Q. What documentation is required to apply to rent a property?

A.  The guide to renting highlights the full list of documents you will require which includes, as a minimum, identification, proof of income & a credit report

Q. Do your properties accept pets?

A.  In many cases, yes although this is dependent on the specific property & landlord. Please get in touch to discuss the property you are interested in.

Q. Do you charge administration fees for renting a property and what is the process for securing a property?  

A. We do not take any property rental fees. We will require you to pay a holding deposit which is an upfront portion of your total security deposit. This is taken to show you are serious about securing the property. Once paid, we reserve the property for you and cancel any further scheduled viewings.

Q. Are council tax & utilities included in my rent? 

A. No, all costs shown on our adverts reflect only the rental per calendar month. We can provide your Council tax band. To get confirmed pricing you will need to contact the suppliers directly.

Q. Is the holding deposit refundable?   

A. You have two working days to request your deposit back should you change your mind or become unable to provide the requested information to complete your application. If after the two days you have failed to supply the requested documents or provide false information, we have the right to retain the deposit to cover our costs.

Q. Do you accept students as rental clients?   

A. Yes, we have a lot of student clients. You will require a UK guarantor to guarantee your rental.  Please get in touch to discuss further

Q. Do you take applications from people in receipt of benefits? 

A. In many cases, yes although this is dependent on property & landlord. Please get in touch to discuss your current situation further.

Q. Can we decorate the property? 

A. In most cases, yes although we would ask that you seek written permission from the landlord prior to beginning any works. Any decoration would need to be returned to its former state prior to your vacating date.  We suggest neutral colours to make this an easier process.

Q.  Can I change energy supplier? 

A.  The energy supply for all of our properties is managed through Spark Energy. We find them to be a great energy supplier. Should you have a personal preference, you can change supplier, however we would ask that you notify us with the details of your new supplier in advance of doing this.